The "Wilsdruff net" was the largest connected narrow gauge railway network of
Saxony and covered the area between Freital-Potschappel near Dresden in the east,
Döbeln and Nossen in the west, Meißen in the north and Frauenstein in the south
of Klingenberg-Colmnitz. Wilsdruff was the operating center.
The Weißeritz valley railway from (Freital-)Hainsberg to Kipsdorf via Rabenau,
Dippoldiswalde and Schmiedeberg was in fact the oldest narrow gauge railway of
the region, but it was not part of the Wilsdruff net in the narrower sense.
But in 1913, there was built a three rail connection track between
Freital-Hainsberg and Freital-Potschappel.
Today, the Wilsdruff net has completely disappeared. The only still existing
narrow gauge railways around Dresden are the Weißeritz valley railway, which has
been indeed destroyed from the flood in 2002, but which is intended to be rebuilt
again, and the Lößnitz ground railway (an official "tradition railway line")
between Radebeul East (in the north of Dresden) and Radeburg.